Thursday, January 19, 2012

No big adventures today

Today was a very brief day with the TM's.

I had a full day of stuff to do today and was yet another snow day so ended up doing not a whole lot at home.
Between shovelling and spending some time at the barn for farrier stuff with my horses I have boarded out there wasn't a whole lot of time to do much with the dogs but we did get out for our daily walk. Nothing in the field today, I want to keep that nice crisp clean canvas ( again, we were hit with another snow storm ) for tomorrow morning when we will have no distractions.

Not a whole lot to say as I have more snow to shovel still but need to wait for Guy to get back to bust out the plow.

A lot of thought went into the dogs feed plan today, since they are working quite hard lately I want to ensure they are getting enough in their diet. Being that everyone here is raw fed, I have been thinking of changes they may require to their diet plan. Going to have to ask some real dog sled folk how they do things and compare to what these guys are getting as is.
Its not like they are going from couch potatoes to working dogs, I have always asked a lot of my dogs compared to many pet only dogs out there so the new training isn't exactly a big shock to their systems other than using muscles that they have not really used before.

Going to do some indoor brain work tonight, we are supposed to have obedience classes tonight for Elmo and Tibby, but yet again, looks like I may be missing that class. Depends on what Guy tells me the roads are like when he gets home.

Stay tuned, there should be a better entry tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment