Thursday, January 26, 2012

THE SLED HAS ARRIVED

We are finally starting to actually look like a sled team in the making now. Still no harnesses but that is quite alright... they should be here ANY day now :) It is the busy season for the person who is making them so I understand. BUT... we have a sled now. A real dog sled and it is MUCH nicer looking that I was expecting. It looks almost like the one I had when I was younger.
I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight to be honest, even with out harnesses we do have 2 weight pulling ones that I can hook dogs up to the sled with ( I will just have to get creative as I don't have a gang line yet either) to introduce them to that. They did so well with the skis the other day before all the rain that I'm certain the sled will be easy peasy for them.

We have lost a lot of our snow the day after we packed the trail with the skidoo but I am so happy that we did go out and pack that trail as now there is a few different routes we can take with the sled and the dogs wont veer off the trail for sure. The snowy parts has a bad crust on it and when we go outback on our walks every day the dogs don't bother getting off the trail now as seen here because they sink through and it is hard on their legs with the crust.

So the dogs are very familiar with the trail we will be training on as we have been walking around it in the same direction for the past few days. Have been doing some recall work out there, but they haul ass running the oval. Lets just hope we can get that same energy with the sled in tow *fingers crossed

Well, nothing overly witty or sarcastic to this blog post, just an anxious wanna be musher wanting to get out with her pack o non sled dog dogs and SLED

No comments:

Post a Comment