Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Much better :)

Well this morning I got brave and decided we had to get back at it regardless of the shinaningans of yesterdays outings.
When I went to hook up we had our normal problems, this was a good indication that things were going to run smoothly somehow.

Sure enough, once everyone was hooked up, we took off. I took my camera out with me today to snap some pics, still have no video camera for the time being so photos will have to do.
Here is what it looked like on take off.


Looks fantastic, Karma and Elmo in lead, and both seemed pretty focused.
HOWEVER, apparently after yesterdays headaches Karma still thought it would be a fantastic idea to drag the entire team off on her crazy trail from yesterday. Elmo wasn't having it and corrected her "mistake" by getting the team going in the direction I asked them to, you can see him objecting to her attempt to go to the right here.


After Elmo got this sorted out like a champ, I decided I wasn't going to let Karma pull any more of this free thinking stuff on me and demoted her out of lead switching her with Tibby.
That prevented any more problems for our outing today.
I was super proud of Elmo and Tibby for continuing on track even when a bush chicken crossed their path into the bushes. They took a look in the direction of the bird but chose to keep going straight.


We only went around twice as I had to head back and do horse water and a whole bunch of things before heading to work for the evening, but I did stop them after the first trip around to take a break, it was warm out this morning for the heavies. I love this picture as each dog is keeping an eye out on their side of the team.


From that point everything went well, nothing to blog about other than the bush chicken flying out of a tree on the way back out towards the house spooking both myself and the dogs. They handled it very well, all of them jumped to the left a bit but didn't break their pace. Tibby is checking out in the direction of the commotion but kept right on going.


The whole time down the bush trail I was dreading that last turn to go back up to the house where the dogs had decided to run straight yesterday.
As we approached I gave a stern and to the point "Gee" and...

Perfection :)


Going to go back out tomorrow morning as well or maybe Friday, I want to give them a day off from this before this weekend. I am off all weekend and am planning on picking up Maybelle the standard poodle again this weekend to get some speed again. This slow and steady stuff is nice too, but I want to get them moving a bit faster now and Maybelle just may be the trick. I will start with just her and Elmo and slowly start adding the heavies to the team one by one. Pretty fired up for a fun filled possible headache-y weekend too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment