Thursday, February 2, 2012

Road run

Today was just beautiful and I was off work to enjoy it :) What a great combo.
Took the dogs out on the oval early on today (or yesterday now that it is almost 1 am and I am blogging this) Got brave and hooked everyone up, Elmo and Karma lead, Tibby and Marv wheel.
It went quite well surprisingly, Elmo is spending a lot of time jerking around on the oval now though and I believe it is because he is bored with the same trail all the time. I am still waiting to hear back from a few people about borrowing fields to run around, but can't make any thing too long as the TM's over heat fast.
They all gave it their all at the beginning of the run but part way around the oval they were hot, and it was clear. We just head back to the house slowly, Elmo was being a complete clown as stated earlier and it was just going to go from bad to worse with him doing all the work now that the TM's were "tired" and hot.

A few hours later I decided to take Karma and Elmo out again, but this time down the road. Something new, something different.
It went VERY well, I had to shorten Karma's line though because she has taken to making everyone else do all the work and just trotting along side of poor Elmo who gives it his all no matter what (as long as he isn't jerking around of course)

When we came back down the hill towards the house though the sled and I were sideways for most of that journey and the dogs were hauling ass since there was no pressure really. Super fun! I could have gone with out being sideways down the hill but it was a great feeling to be going that fast :)

As we got closer to the house and the stupid neighbour dogs that irritate me every day for various reasons I got off the sled and guided them back to the house.

After todays total of 1.5 hours of dogsledding, Elmo is exhausted. That poor guy does everything I ask of him with all that he is. I really need just one more dog with work ethic like he has... and legs. Its sad that I have Rambo who could haul ass too on the team but has no legs to keep up that long and no where near the strength of the rest.

Have to work for the next 2 days, but am hoping to get out early tomorrow morning with Karma and Elmo once again, just for a short run to help build some stamina in them and keep up the improvements. That and when Elmo doesn't burn excess energy he destroys things he see's as hazards in the house ie, duvets :(

No comments:

Post a Comment